Apple Pie Recipe a classic American dessert
Apple Pie Recipe a classic American dessert Summary
- Recipe Title: Apple Pie Recipe a classic American dessert
- Category: Dessert
- Level of Cooking Skill: 1 (1= Very Easy, 2= Easy, 3= Moderate, 4= Difficult, 5= Too hard to do)
- Cost of Preparation: 2 (1= Very Cheap and Affordable, 2= Moderate and Inexpensive, 3= Expensive, 4= Luxury, 5= Extravagant and Extremely Expensive)
Tell Us About Apple Pie
Apple Pie is a classic American dessert that has been a favorite for generations. It is typically made with sliced apples, sugar and spices, and encased in a pastry crust. The classic version of this dessert is an all-butter crust, which gives it a buttery flavor and flaky texture when baked.
Apple Pie can be served hot or cold, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. It is a popular treat not only in the United States but also in other parts of the world. Apple Pie is a comforting and delicious way to end a meal or have dessert during any time of the year.
Apple Pie Ingredients
Apple Pie ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 crust pie pastry
- 5 tart Apple, peeled, cored and sliced (Granny Smith or Jonagold apples work well)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white sugar for sprinkling
Apple Pie Preparations
Apple Pie preparations:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large bowl, combine 5-6 cups of peeled and thinly sliced apples (such as Granny Smith, Braeburn, Honeycrisp, or Golden Delicious) with 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg, and 1/8 teaspoon of salt. Gently mix to combine.
- Pour the apple mixture into the greased pie plate and spread evenly.
- Unroll 1 prepared store-bought pie crust onto a lightly floured work surface. Roll out slightly if needed to fit the greased pie plate.
- Place the pie crust on top of the apples and press around the edges to seal.
- Cut 4-5 slits in the top of the crust to allow steam to escape during cooking.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the apples are tender.
- Once pie is out of the oven, let it cool for at least an hour before slicing. Enjoy!
Apple Pie Instructions
For those that enjoy piece of apple pie in the fall, this recipe is sure to delight. With the combination of the fragrant cinnamon, tart apples and flaky crust, baking a pie has never been easier and more enjoyable. But, before you start baking, here are some essential tips to know:
- Get the right apples: One of the most important elements to making a great apple pie is by getting the right apples. For the best flavor, try to use a mixture of two or three different types of apples. You want to mix together apples that are a good balance of tart and sweet. Popular apple types, like Golden Delicious and Granny Smith, will make great pies. Avoid using apples like Red Delicious, since they tend to be too sweet and mushy.
- Peel your apples: After you’ve chosen your apples, you’ll want to peel and slice them. When you’re peeling the apples, you want to make sure to use a sharp paring or vegetable peeler and to cut the peel off in one long piece. After you have peeled the apples, cut the apples into thin slices, about one-eighth inch thick.
- Determine the pie size: Depending on the size of pie dish you have, you’ll want to factor that into deciding how many apples you will need. A nine-inch deep-dish pie will typically hold about 6-7 cups of sliced apples, while a nine-inch regular depth pie will hold 4-5 cups.
- Make an easy dough: You will need to make a double crust. For easy and fast preparation, use a store-bought frozen pie crust. Simply arrange one dough circle in the bottom of a greased pie dish and then add the apples.
- Add the spices and sugar: Before adding the sliced apples to the dish, you’ll need to combine the sugar, spices, and lemon juice in a medium bowl. This mixture will give the pie a nice flavor. Combine 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Mix until combined and set aside.
- Prep the apples: Once you place the apples in the pie dish, toss it with the sugar spice mixture. Make sure all of the apples are evenly coated.
- Make a top crust: With the remaining pie crust, cut decorative shapes to top the pie. Place the top crust on top of the apples. Trim the edges and crimp the crust.
- Glaze the pie: Before you put the pie in the oven, you’ll want to give it a nice golden glaze. Combine 1 tablespoon of melted butter, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar. Brush the mixture over the crust.
- Bake the pie: Place the pie dish on a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake the pie for 45-50 minutes, until the crust is a golden brown and the filling is bubbly. Once done, remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Enjoy your apple pie: Slice the pie and enjoy. Serve with some ice cream, whipped cream or serving with a cup of coffee or tea.
There you have it, a delicious, homemade apple pie. Enjoy the smells of fall and the taste that comes with the season. No matter how you decide to serve your apple pie, everyone will be delighted they got a taste.
What are the best dessert recipes you should try after Apple Pie?
Interested in our next best dessert recipe you should try? Scroll down and click the button for more information.
- Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Carrot Cake
- Ice Cream
- Banana Pudding
- Key Lime Pie
Articles related to cooking recipes
You should make apple pie because it is a classic, delicious dessert that is full of flavor and is a great way to end a meal. It also makes for a great snack, transition food, and is easy to customize to make everyone happy.
No, making an apple pie is not difficult. With a few simple ingredients and a few easy steps, you can make a delicious apple pie.
Apple pie is popular for many reasons. It is a classic dessert that people of all ages can enjoy. It has a consistent, sweet taste and a familiar, comforting texture. It is also relatively easy to make at home, making it a great choice for home cooks. Plus, it pairs well with a variety of toppings such as whipped cream, ice cream, and caramel sauce.
The origin of the apple pie is unknown, but some believe it dates back to the 14th century. The oldest known recipe in English is from 1381 and it was traditionally used as a way of preserving apples in the fall.
Making an apple pie can vary in cost depending on the ingredients used, but the average cost of ingredients to make one eight-inch pie is around $10 to $15.
There are many places to find good apple pie, but some of the most highly-rated places include: Three Brothers Bakery (Houston, TX), Tastee Apple Pie Co. (Edmond, OK), and Hummingbird Bakery (Brooklyn, NY).
The best apple pie can depend on personal preference. However, according to reviews, some of the best apple pies can be found in Danny Meyer’s Union Square Cafe in New York City and Sweetie Pie’s in Los Angeles.